August 29, 2022
Beauty school is a great opportunity for students to learn new skills and build a successful future. However, the main goal of many beauty schools is to prepare their students to sit the state exam and receive their cosmetology license. But did you know that almost 100 percent of graduates at Don Roberts receive their license? That’s 20 percent above the state average! Keep reading to learn more about what sets us apart from other schools and why our rate is so high!
What is a Licensure Rate?
A licensure rate is the percentage of beauty school graduates that go on to actually get their license. At Don Roberts, our licensure rate is higher than most. This is because we strive to prepare our students for life after beauty school through practice, repetition, and leaders who care.
A Curriculum Above the Rest
At Don Roberts, we take our students’ education seriously. We can provide a curriculum designed to guide students to success by training them to meet the needs of future clients, in a healthy and safe way. We offer a career path class With our small class sizes, we keep things personal and can offer a personalized approach to our students, because we know everyone learns differently. This is why Don Roberts chooses to teach at a pace in which the students learn, not at the pace the teacher teaches.
Teach, Learn, Repeat
Our curriculum itself isn’t repetitive, but we teach our students to practice what they learn, over and over again. Repetition is one of the best ways to learn and retain information. Students are more prepared when they are practicing the same skills and learning the best information repeatedly. Students can take placement exams throughout their programs – as many as 4 – and are able to review them. Then once they study the information, they can take the practice exam again to potentially earn a higher score. Studying and taking tests repeatedly can give them the knowledge of what to expect when they take the real licensure exam.
Preparing Students for Their Future
We strive to give our students the knowledge and skills they need to be more job ready after graduation. We offer Free for Life job placement. This means that we help our students find jobs during school, after graduation, or even years down the road.
Many of our students are adult learners, often changing career paths or juggling their own home lives. We take our students’ futures seriously because we know that their home life can often depend on it. We believe in our students and want to provide them with a supportive community.
Job Market Observation
Don Roberts believes in a hands-on approach. This is why 10 percent of our programs can be done offsite, in a job market observation process. Here students can observe a salon of their choice, and learn directly from beauty professionals in the workplace. Students with a good attendance record and high enough GPA are able to participate in this program. This tip of observation allows students to find potential job placement because they can find an environment they enjoy.
The Don Roberts Difference
We know the importance of a school/work/life balance, which is why Don Roberts teaches only 4 days a week. While we know this could mean that graduating may take longer, we provide a better quality of education that people enjoy. We want our students to enjoy a life outside of school. Some other ways Don Roberts stands out is through:
- Online Homework: We used the pandemic to adapt and create a better learning environment. Online homework allows students to learn in new ways, and teachers can see just how much they learn. Homework can be studied and repeated to strengthen students’ knowledge.
- Honest Education: You either learn or you don’t. Because online homework can be monitored, we know how hard a student is working and can keep track of their progress.
- Strong Community: A large portion of our enrollment comes from word of mouth. Graduates understand the difference Don Roberts can make and share their experiences with others.
At Don Roberts, we care for each of our students individually. Every day of our 4 day weeks, a leader at Don Roberts will talk to the students about what their daily goal is, and how they can meet that goal. Each day is a new opportunity to be better, and our instructors are with you every step of the way.
Find Your Passion at Don Roberts
Our mission is simple: quality education, practice, state exams, and employment. Don Roberts School of Hair Design is proud to offer many programs so our students can pursue the future of their dreams. These programs are:
- Cosmetology: More than just styling hair, you can help clients feel like their best selves while using your creativity to express yourself!
- Esthetics: This program focuses on preparing motivated, serious students for successful futures as licensed estheticians in spas, salons, or medical offices.
- Barbering: If you have a passion for men’s haircuts and grooming, pursuing a future in barbering could be a great option for you.
- Manicuring: If you have a passion to help guests relax or create stunning nail art, you could be a good fit as a manicurist.
- Instructor: Becoming a licensed Instructor can help you turn your love of teaching beauty into a career. Our Instructor program can help you get started!
- Continuing Education: Continuing Education is advanced training in the program licensure you have already completed.
Are you ready to take the next step towards your future? Consider enrolling at Don Roberts School of Hair Design! Contact us today for more information or to schedule a tour! We would love to help you on your journey.